Naturally and mildly sweet, fresh watermelon juice topped with seltzer and garnished with mint–it can’t be beat on a hot summer day.
prep + total 15 mins | serves 4
- 2 cups/500ml watermelon juice
- juice of half a lime
- mint for garnish
- To juice the watermelon, cut it into chucks and whiz in a blender or food processor. (Start with about a quarter of a watermelon but based on size you may have to add more to the blender.)
- Lay a piece of cheesecloth over a measuring cup or tall glass and carefully pour the blended watermelon through the cheesecloth from the blender.
- Squeeze the cheesecloth to get all the juice out of the pulp, discarding the pulp into the compost or trash as you go.
- Add the fresh juice to a glass and top off with seltzer. This can be done completely on taste. I did pretty equal parts of juice to seltzer.
- Garnish with fresh mint or a slice of lime.